vomFASS at Mall of America is seeking a senior sales associate who loves to share their passion for fine food, drink and people! Whether you’re semi-retired or just starting your career, I want to hear from you if you are a wine, whiskey, brandy or cocktail geek, enjoy pairing food and drink, and can convert that passion into sales in a retail environment. Must be 21+ years old.
We will consider applicants who have between 20 and 40 hours available to work a variety of day and evening shifts, including weekends. Work life balance is a priority, and we deliberately schedule to ensure all team members are treated with respect and fairness, including their scheduling needs.
To apply, send cover letter indicating why you are interested and qualified for a position at vomFASS, as well as the number of hours you’re available to work per week and send it along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without both a cover letter and resume will not be considered.
Sales associate responsibilities include:
- Greet and engage customers by offering product samples, pairings, product use/recipe suggestions and general vomFASS and product education.
- Provide a positive, unique customer experience that fosters long term customer relationships.
- Assist customer in product selection, using cross-sell and up-sell strategies to maximize transaction average, without using high pressure sales techniques.
- Cashier sales on ACCUPOS point of sale system.
- Label and package products attractively.
- Work effectively with co-workers
- Prepare demos, assist with set up, and promote special events and classes.
- Fill and label product bottles and stock shelves.
- Open and close shop, including cleaning and preparing store for next day.
In addition to the sales associate responsibilities, this role may include:
- Assist or lead the development and implementation of cooking classes, wine and spirits classes and private events
The ideal vomFASS sales associate is:
- Full of energy and excitement, and an outgoing people person.
- Experienced and enthusiastic foodie who enjoys cooking and eating fine food and beverages.
- Experienced in retail sales and customer service.
- Self-motivated, highly reliable, with unquestionable integrity.
- Attentive to details, accountable for cash handling and compliance with policies, procedures and tasks.
- Natural team player, who works well with others, brings fun and a positive attitude to work.
- Open to giving and receiving constructive feedback to help team members and business.
- Gifted with additional super powers that are useful to the business, such as elegant handwriting, expertise in social media, talent for beautiful gift packaging or chalkboard art, or is a super-networker in the community.
vomFASS Twin Cities is locally owned and operated by Tamra Kramer, her daughter Kristi and a fun team of awesome people. VomFASS at Mall of America is the first of five locations we hope to open in the Twin Cities. VomFASS is the only specialty food and liquor store of its kind in the world, carrying a full line of gourmet-pleasing products. What makes us special?
- VomFASS is a German term that translates as “from the cask.”
- There are approximately 280 vomFASS locations worldwide, all locally owned and operated. Our international headquarters is in Waldburg, Germany.
- Our products are exclusive; no other retailer in the world carries our line of international award-winning products.
- We source all of our products directly from old-world artisanal producers who use organic, sustainable farming and production methods.
- We carry the largest bulk selection of natural and organic culinary oils and fruit and balsamic vinegars in the world.
- VomFASS won the 2010 German Franchise of the Year and the 2012 Retail Franchise of the Year.
- Our motto and our promise of uncompromising quality is “Only the Best. Always.”
- Exceptional customer service is the core success factor of every shop.
- Providing free tastes to potential customers is the cornerstone of our business model.
vomFASS Twin Cities is an equal opportunity employer.
Vomfasstwincities.com | (952) 426-3222 | email@example.com